Saturday, July 9, 2016

Tasty Summer classic with a twist!


Who doesn't love a fresh batch of homemade potato salad???? If you know someone who doesn't, make them this recipe, and then get their opinion! (and please let me know)

With the change in our family's eating habits, I'm always on the lookout for the healthiest version possible of anything I make. I've been making a family recipe of potato salad for more than 20 years, but lately I tried something kind of different, and it was amazing! Granted, there's always a healthier version of a seemingly healthy dish; I once used plain Greek yogurt in place of the Light Miracle Whip-not so great. I've also tried Lite Mayo, another failed taste test. It all 'boils' down to personal preference, and below is my rendition of a healthy potato cauliflower salad. Enjoy :)

Cauliflower Salad

1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
8-10 grass-fed farm fresh eggs
1 small white onion
1 ½-2 cups Lite Miracle Whip 
¼ cup 1% milk
1 tbsp mustard
¾ cup Stevia (or less, add more later)

Boil eggs for 15 minutes. Steam cauliflower until soft, but not mushy. Allow eggs & cauliflower to cool. Peel & chop eggs, dice onion, then put eggs, cauliflower, and onion in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix well together Lite Miracle Whip, milk, mustard, and Stevia. Add more milk or Stevia, depending on your preference of sweet or tangy. Gently blend sauce mixture into cauliflower, onions, and eggs.
Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment